San Francisco is a notoriously chilly city year round with micro-climates in each neighborhood. The city experiences a late summer with its warmest months being September - October while June, July, and August (known as "Fogust" by locals) being its foggiest and most unpredictable. It is best to wear/bring layers for all of our tours, even at the height of summer. If visiting in the summer months, prepare to see rolling fog engulfing the cityscape in the morning and by mid-afternoon.
Articles in this section
- Can I pickup my Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth?
- How much time do I get to spend on Alcatraz Island?
- I don't have my Alcatraz tickets and my tour starts today. What do I do?
- Is it possible to change my Alcatraz tour to a different time?
- Where can I park near the meeting point for my Alcatraz tour?
- Why did the start time of my Alcatraz tour change?
- What do I need to bring with me for my tour of Alcatraz?
- Will our Walks guide travel to Alcatraz and lead a tour of the island for us?
- How do I pick up my Cable Car ticket?
- What is my Cable Car ticket valid for?