Surrounded on three sides by the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay, the city’s compact 49 square miles (125 sq. km.) crowd the tip of the San Francisco Peninsula. The city is built on 43 hills and is the hub of the Greater Bay Area, with a population of 805,463. It is the second most densely populated American city after New York City — and the metropolitan area is the nation’s fifth largest.
Articles in this section
- Can I pickup my Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth?
- How much time do I get to spend on Alcatraz Island?
- I don't have my Alcatraz tickets and my tour starts today. What do I do?
- Is it possible to change my Alcatraz tour to a different time?
- Where can I park near the meeting point for my Alcatraz tour?
- Why did the start time of my Alcatraz tour change?
- What do I need to bring with me for my tour of Alcatraz?
- Will our Walks guide travel to Alcatraz and lead a tour of the island for us?
- How do I pick up my Cable Car ticket?
- What is my Cable Car ticket valid for?