On average most people spend about 3 hours on the island. The ferries back to San Francisco leave approximately every 30 minutes and the last ferry departs from Alcatraz Island at 4:30 pm, so there is plenty of time to explore.
Articles in this section
- What is the weather like in San Francisco?
- Will there be a chance to use the restroom before or during my tour?
- Why did the start time of my Alcatraz tour change?
- I don't have my Alcatraz tickets and my tour starts today.
- Can I pickup my Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth?
- Is it possible to change my Alcatraz tour to a different time?
- What do I need to bring with me for my tour of Alcatraz?
- Will our Walks guide travel to Alcatraz and lead a tour of the island for us?
- How much time do I get to spend on Alcatraz Island?
- Where can I park near the meeting point for my Alcatraz tour?