On average most people spend about 2-3 hours on the Island. The ferries back to San Francisco leave approximately every 30 minutes and the last ferry departs from Alcatraz Island at 4:30 pm, so there is plenty of time to explore, return to San Francisco, grab some lunch on your own and then meet up at the Chinatown walking tour in the afternoon.
Articles in this section
- What is the weather like in San Francisco?
- Will there be a chance to use the restroom before or during my tour?
- Why did the start time of my Alcatraz tour change?
- I don't have my Alcatraz tickets and my tour starts today.
- Can I pickup my Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth?
- Is it possible to change my Alcatraz tour to a different time?
- What do I need to bring with me for my tour of Alcatraz?
- Will our Walks guide travel to Alcatraz and lead a tour of the Island for us?
- How much time do I get to spend on Alcatraz Island?
- Where can I park near the meeting point for my Alcatraz tour?