Unfortunately, the National Park Service does not allow outside guides to give tours on Alcatraz Island so your Walks guide will not be traveling to the island with you but will take you to the line to depart and then meet you again at the Chinatown meeting point in the afternoon. Alcatraz Island has an excellent audio guide narrated by ex-guards and prisoners that you will receive once you arrive on the island. In addition to this audio guide are small tours on various subjects (always changing) that are offered each day that visitors can join at their leisure.
Articles in this section
- What is the weather like in San Francisco?
- Will there be a chance to use the restroom before or during my tour?
- Why did the start time of my Alcatraz tour change?
- I don't have my Alcatraz tickets and my tour starts today.
- Can I pickup my Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth?
- Is it possible to change my Alcatraz tour to a different time?
- What do I need to bring with me for my tour of Alcatraz?
- Will our Walks guide travel to Alcatraz and lead a tour of the Island for us?
- How much time do I get to spend on Alcatraz Island?
- Where can I park near the meeting point for my Alcatraz tour?