For your tour, you will need to bring your ID. This applies to only passengers over the age of 18. Without ID, Alcatraz will not release your ticket to you. We suggest bringing some snacks - food in the surrounding area is minimal and no food is sold or consumed on Alcatraz Island except in a small area as you disembark. The ferry boats have a small concession stand where you can get items like hot dogs, potato chips, coffee, and drinks. We also suggest dressing in layers as the weather can be quite chilly and breezy out in the bay. Even at the height of summer, San Francisco is notorious for our chilly weather.
Articles in this section
- What is the weather like in San Francisco?
- Will there be a chance to use the restroom before or during my tour?
- Why did the start time of my Alcatraz tour change?
- I don't have my Alcatraz tickets and my tour starts today.
- Can I pickup my Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth?
- Is it possible to change my Alcatraz tour to a different time?
- What do I need to bring with me for my tour of Alcatraz?
- Will our Walks guide travel to Alcatraz and lead a tour of the Island for us?
- How much time do I get to spend on Alcatraz Island?
- Where can I park near the meeting point for my Alcatraz tour?