Guests will need to pass through airport-style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted inside the Statue and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. These items include all weapons; scissors, sharp items, and tools. Large packages, suitcases, and backpacks will also not be allowed on the ferry to Liberty Island. Please be aware that after the ferry, upon arrival at Liberty Island, there is another security checkpoint. Any item that you are carrying such as a bag will need to be stored in a locker. These lockers cost $2.00 and they only accept dollar bills. Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers. Other items not allowed inside at this point include food & drink, strollers, tripods, pocket knives, laptops, and tablet keyboards.
Articles in this section
- I never received my video clip after the tour. How do I get it?
- Does the Walks Guide go into NBC Studios?
- Why is my meeting point not at NBC Studios?
- Which props do we get to see/try on in the New Amsterdam theater?
- Does any of your tours visit the hospitals on Ellis Island?
- Does the Statue tour include access to the Statue Crown?
- I have mobility issues/use a wheelchair, can I take The Statue tours?
- Are visits to the Statue of Liberty ever canceled due to weather?
- What can I bring with me on my Statue of Liberty tour?