According to Vatican Museum rules, only small bags can be brought inside the Museums. Handbags and small backpacks (no larger than 40cm x 35cm x 25cm) may be carried inside but anything larger than that, plus large umbrellas, must be checked at the cloakroom. Items may be left at the cloakroom without charge, but please note that you must return to this spot to collect your belongings before 5:00 pm or return the following day. As our tours mostly end at St. Peter’s Basilica this is quite inconvenient, as you will be required to walk about 20 minutes from there back to the entrance of the Museums. In the case of our Vatican Highlights Tour, guests may have to leave the tour early in order to reach the cloakroom before it closes, and thus will not be able to visit St. Peter’s Basilica.
Articles in this section
- Can I bring my bags in the Vatican?
- Can I go back to the Vatican museum after the tour?
- Can I remain in Saint Peter's after the tour?
- Can I take photos inside the Sistine Chapel?
- Can I visit the Dome of Saint Peter's in the Vatican?
- Do you provide tours of the Vatican Scavi?
- Do you sell Papal Audience tickets?
- Do your Vatican tours include Skip the Line Access?
- Do your Vatican tours include St. Peter’s Basilica?
- Dress code in the Vatican: what should I wear?